Though the taste and aroma of Polish kiełbasa is delicious all on its own, everyone knows that a great condiment can make for just the right flavor complement! There’s certainly a lot of great dip and side options on the Polish menu that make for the perfect pairing with kiełbasa but how do you know which condiment to pair with which sausage?
We’ve pulled together a few recommendations from our deli and our pantry and provided some of our best suggestions for the perfect pair. Take a look!
- Wiejska -Country Style Sausage, Zwyczajna - Standard Polish Smoked Sausage, Swojska - Homestyle Sausage or Chlopska - Peasant’s Sausage PAIR WITH Cracovia Horseradish Cream Sauce. These juicy sausages made with a moderate to high amount of fat and generously flavored with garlic are perfectly complemented by the creamy and refreshing flavor notes of our horseradish cream sauce. Enjoy a piece of any of these sausages dipped in the horseradish sauce, or smear a bit of the cream sauce onto a piece of bread and enjoy with slices of any of these sausages inside a sandwich!
- Piwna - Polish Beer Sausage, Hunter’s Sausage, Pork & Veal Smoked Kabanos PAIR WITH Cracovia Grated Horseradish or Kosciuszko Mustard. These double smoked and partly dry sausages have a stronger, more earthy flavor characteristic that lends itself perfectly to the sharp and piquant taste of grated horseradish or the bold and zesty flavor of Poland’s famous Kosciuszko Mustard. Cut these sausages into smaller pieces and serve on a charcuterie board with a side of the horseradish and Kosciusko Mustard for dipping to give your party platter a very flavorful element of Polish tradition.
- Classic Grill Style Sausage PAIR WITH Kosciuszko Mustard and Cucumbers in Brine. No flavor combination is more classically Polish than a juicy sausage hot off the grill or campfire paired with the classic Polish Kosciuszko Mustard and a side of Polish pickled cucumbers! It’s a blend of zest and savoriness perfect for summertime!
- Jalapeño & Cheddar Grill Sausage PAIR WITH Kamis Russian Style Mustard. A truly International flavor blend, this jalapeño & cheddar grill kiełbasa is made complete with the bold and spicy flavor of the Kamis Russian Style Mustard. If you enjoy foods with some spice this juicy grill sausage & mustard are a perfect, bold flavor pairing.
- Blood Sausages - Krupniok & Kaszanka PAIR WITH Sauerkraut & Kosciuszko Mustard. Another classically Polish treat, the hearty and earthy taste of our blood sausages is complemented perfectly by the sour taste of traditional, Polish sauerkraut and the zesty flavor of Kosciuszko Mustard - and blend of very bold and unique flavors!
- Biala Sausage PAIR WITH Lowell Mashed Beets & Horseradish. Whether fried in a skillet, grilled or baked the famous Polish “biala kiełbasa” (white sausage) is perfectly complemented by a side of mashed beets blended with horseradish. The savory, garlicky taste of the sausage is broken up by the sweet and sharp taste of the beet & horseradish blend. Top the sausage with sautéed onion and mushrooms (or bake together) and enjoy this combination with a side of Polish rye bread. A traditional Polish Easter treat, the biala kiełbasa and beets can also be enjoyed any other time of year!
- Pair our Head Cheese with a dab of Cracovia Horseradish Cream Sauce or Kamis Horseradish Mustard
- Pair our Tyrolska Ham Luncheon Meat with Kamis Mild Table Mustard
- Pair our Mortadella Luncheon Meat with Kamis Deli Mustard
- Try our Polish Brand Luncheon Meat (Mielonka) with Kamis Sarepta Mustard
Whether at your outdoor summer events, at a picnic, camping or just for lunch, we hope you give these kiełbasa & deli meat flavor pairings a try this summer!