One of polish favorite type of dumplings. They are made of potatoes with a very characteristic small hole in the center. Usually served as a side to meat dishes but dumplings connoisseurs eat them drizzled with butter and a pinch of salt.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
Makes: 30 – 40 dumplings
- 2 pounds white potatoes
- 4 oz potato starch
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Cook potatoes until tender, drain them, mash while they’re still hot
- Let cool off, place in a medium bowl
- Add egg, starch and salt, mix together
- Form plum size dough balls, make a small cavity in the center of each ball with your thumb
- Boil water in a pot, add a teaspoon of salt
- Put dumplings into boiling water, cook them for 2-3 minutes, until they float on the top (you’ll need to boil them in batches of 12-15 unless you have a very big pot).
- Serve with your favorite meat dishes, or caramelized onions, fried bacon or gravy.