Raw veggie salads are popular sides to many Polish dishes – Mizeria (a fresh cucumber salad), mashed beets with horseradish, cabbage and sauerkraut salads are all paired with classic Polish dishes such as potato pancakes topped with a mushroom sauce or beef goulash. Our Cracovia Sauerkraut comes premixed with shredded carrots, and with only a few additional ingredients it makes for a very quick, very flavorful and very nutritious salad. Filled with vitamins and probiotics it’s a great side to a heavier meal. Try this classic sauerkraut salad as a side to a potato pancake dish or as a compliment to a meat or fish dish!
- 1 package of Cracovia Sauerkraut
- 1 small red onion
- a small bunch of parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Remove the sauerkraut from its packaging, rinse and drain it.
- Slice or shred the sauerkraut
- Dice the onion and chop the fresh parsley leaves
- Combine the sauerkraut, onion and parsley in a mixing bowl, salt and pepper generously for taste, add the lemon juice and oil and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Transfer over to a serving dish and enjoy!